The Account Password can be reset in different ways depending on the user’s status. This article provides the steps to reset the password for each of these user statuses:
- Self-Service Password Reset
- User has never logged in
- User has logged in
- User is a member of a user group such as Teachers or Staff and never logged in
- Schools using Active Directory
Self Service Password Reset
- Users should be encouraged to reset their own password by using the Forgot Password link found on the School Loop login page.
- The user's login name and a new temporary password are sent to the email address linked to the account.
User has never logged in
- You can change their email address via Account Management.
- You will see the Reset Password button. This button allows you to type out a custom password for the account.
User has logged in
- You cannot change the email address.
- You will see the Reset and Send Password button under Account Management. This will randomize the user's password and email it to them.
User is a member of a group and has never logged in
- Under Account Management for the role (i.e. Teachers, Staff, etc.) use the Resend Passwords button.
- This will randomize the passwords and send separate emails to all registered users under that role who have never logged in.
Schools using Active Directory Services
- Passwords cannot be reset within School Loop. Contact your school/district IT department for assistance in resetting user passwords.
- If a user has the wrong email address and cannot receive their reset password, please send in a help ticket with the corrected email address and our agents will fix it immediately.