Account password can be reset in different ways depending on the current user’s status.
NOTE: If any user forgets their password, they can always go to the Login screen and click the Forgot Password link.
The user's login name and a new temporary password will be sent to the email address linked to the account. However, in some situations, you will be asked to change a password for a user.
If a user has never logged in:
- You can change their email address via Account Management.
- You will see the Reset Password button. This button allows you to type out a custom password for the account.
If a user has logged in:
- You cannot change the email address.
- You will see the Reset and Send Password button under Account Management. This will randomize the user's password and email it to them.
If members of a certain user group have never logged in:
- Under Account Management for the role (i.e. Teachers, Staff, etc.) use the Resend Passwords button.
- This will randomize the passwords and send separate emails to all registered users under that role who have never logged in.
For schools using Active Directory Services:
- Passwords cannot be reset within School Loop. Contact your school/district IT department for assistance in resetting user passwords.
- If a user has the wrong email address and cannot receive their reset password, please send in a help ticket with the corrected email address and our agents will fix it immediately.