Depending on the situation, there are various ways to give substitute access to a teacher's grade books. Use this guide to determine the proper course of action.
All sections have or will be reassigned to the substitute teacher using the substitute teacher's ID number.
Submit a support ticket with the names, email addresses, and IDs of both the original and substitute teachers.
Note: All sections will remain assigned to the original teacher.
There are two solutions in this case
A. The substitute teacher takes over the original teacher's account.
- Submit a support ticket if the original teacher is not able to provide their login information to the substitute teacher.
- The name and email address on the account should be changed to the substitute teacher's name and email address.
- When the original teacher returns, the substitute teacher will hand the account over to the original teacher.
B. The substitute teacher will need a staff account and the original teacher will make the substitute teacher a co-teacher.
- Submit a support ticket if the original teacher is not able to name a co-teacher.
Note: Co-teachers are not able to submit grades for marking periods.
The original teacher's sections being split between two or more teachers
- The best solution is to make all the receiving teachers co-teachers for the appropriate courses.
None of the solutions above apply to your situation
- Submit a support ticket explaining the situation.
- Be sure to include the names, email addresses, and IDs of all teachers/substitute teachers involved.