You may face an issue where some or all students are dropped in a gradebook. Despite being current students, their names in one or more periods are crossed out (e.g.,
John Smith ).
You need to have a District Admin or School Admin account.
First, make sure that you created the gradebook in the correct section/course. If you created the gradebook under an incorrect section, all students will appear dropped. If you need to move the gradebook, follow the steps in the article Moving & Merging the Gradebook Section, the issue should be solved after moving the gradebook to the correct section.
Secondly, check the end date of the Gradebook along with the term date because the term date for the school could be set to a correct value but the end date of the Gradebook could be set to a date after the term end date which makes the Gradebook overlap with the new term of the school year and creates this issue. You can fix it by Editing Gradebooks and changing the end date of the gradebook to a date before the term end date
If the gradebook is already in the correct section/course and has a proper end date, proceed with the steps below:
- Check the school's terms and see if there are any recent changes. If the issue was reported within a week after the term was changed, then this term change may have caused the issue.
- Log in to the portal using your School Loop admin account.
- Under Imports, search for the nearest date with the correct data and click Make Current Data Set. This should fix the issue.
- Log in as the affected teacher by using the Auto Login function.
- Under Gradebooks, go to the affected subject.
- All students should be listed correctly.