This article shows how to change column formatting for the Portal homepage, e.g. by adding a background color, or by adding padding to a column. This operation is only applicable to an empty column. If necessary, first temporarily move the modules to another column.
- From your portal, click Site Center in the Toolbox.
- Click Edit Homepage Body on the left side of the page.
- Highlight Column by clicking on the main page. The toolbar will appear in the top left corner of the page.
- Choose Background and apply preferred changes.
- Note: The "Accent" and "Accent Light" colors are determined by the color palette selected for your template. With darker color backgrounds, the text will also change colors (usually white) to maintain 508 compliance.
- Check Add Padding if you want to add spaces between modules.
- All changes made in both background color and/or adding padding are automatically saved and a notification will indicate so.
Click either the Preview or Publish Changes button on the top right corner of the page to see if all new formats were applied.