Templates are provided for ease of use with layouts that are predefined. These layouts can be customized to some extent, as the rows and columns can be altered. Columns can be inserted and sit above, below and even inside rows.
This article provides guidelines to adding columns and rows. To demonstrate this, the below sample case is used.
A full-width column needs to be added above a three-column row.
Here's a sample page with three columns inserted in a single row:
To execute this, the row that holds those columns needs to be selected, to then insert the full-width column above it.
- Navigate to the Site Center under the Toolbox Section of the admin page.
- Select to highlight the page you need to alter and click Edit.
- In the edit page, click on any column, and then select the levels menu on the left of the toolbar. The levels menu says the name of the module you selected at the top.
- Select the first row that contains all the modules above which you want to play the full-width column. In this example, there is only one row, but in other cases, there might be more rows (see below sample page with two rows).
- When you select the right row, it puts a box around the modules and is named Row.
- Click the up arrow in the toolbar to add a module above this row.
- Choose 100% (full width) layout module.
A full-width Column is added on top of the existing three column row.
From here you can insert modules to your column or even add more columns depending on your preference.