This article explains the steps in embedding monitoring codes to the School Loop site. Monitoring codes are typically used to track or monitor the activity of the site but are not intended for displaying content on the page (the results will be undesirable). Examples of such codes include Google Analytics and Siteimprove.
Adding The Monitoring Code to a Single Page.
- Navigate to the Site Center under the Toolbox Section of the portal.
- Select the Page and click Edit.
- Select the Embed Monitoring Code tab on the left.
- Use the appropriate input field for your instructions. At times, there are specific directions for where the code is to be placed. The options are either just after the opening <head> tag or just before the closing </body> tag.
- If the location is not specified, then either input field is likely to work.
- Click Save Draft.
Adding The Monitoring Code to All Sites.
Note: Only Senior District Webmasters have the ability to embed monitoring codes so that it appears on every page of every school site.
- Navigate to the Admin center.
- Go to the Templates tab, select the template and then click the Edit button.
- From the there, follow the same directions as adding the code to a single page.
To verify that the code is working, visit your website and check to see that your visit is being registered in your real-time reports.