For any calendar module, you can choose the source for its events. Events are assigned to the district homepage, a school homepage, or any minisite. Posting calendar items on the district homepage and have it go out to all the schools is possible. This article details the steps for adding a calendar module to each school for district news.
- Navigate to the School Site Center.
- Add a calendar module.
- Once the module is on the page, click Options in the Toolbar.
- Make sure that only District Homepage is checked in the boxes.
- The calendar module will show events from the district homepage.
- You can repeat these steps for any other schools as well.
- Add the event to the district calendar.
- Ensure that the District Homepage is checked in the audience section on the left side.
The senior district webmaster rights are required to post events on the district homepage.
Your events will go out to all the right places. The newly added event is posted on the district calendar and to the calendar module of each school within that district.