This article guides you on how to add headlines and news directly to your homepage using the News Module. This is recommended for time-sensitive content as it has a publish date and an expiry date.
Log in to your School Loop account to access Modules.
At the Insert Module screen, click the News tile.
Here you can customize your module:
- Number of News Post to Show: This is the number of most recent news that will appear in this module.
- Alternative Source: This is the source of the news for example if you need only district news to appear here you select "District" or if there are any group news you can select from them.
- Show "view all" link: This will show a link at the end of the module to open a new page with all news.
- Hide if no content: This will hide the module if there is no news to show.
- Visit this page to change settings at any time by clicking Options up in the toolbar.
- Rename Module on the toolbar. "News" and "Headlines" are popular options as titles.
To keep your site 508-compliant, please do not type in all caps. The News module title usually appears in all caps.
Click Add News button on the toolbar then click Publish and the news will save automatically on your homepage.
Here's a definition of each function below:
Headline: The Subject of the news.
Details: Body of content; Details for the news.
Publish: The first day the news is published on the module.
Expires: The Last day the news is published on the module.
- Click on a headline to see the entire post. News appears on the module.
- From this view, you can edit, copy or delete the post.
NOTE: Posts disappear after expiration.