This article shares the process for adding headlines and news directly to your homepage using the News module. This is recommended for time-sensitive content with publishing and expiry dates.
Learn more about working with modules when editing site pages on School Loop.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the necessary rights.
- Select the intended page to edit.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit button does not show on selecting a Navigation Header or a Minisite in the site map. Make sure you choose the intended page correctly, as seen in the example below.
- Hover over an empty block and click on it to add a module.
- Select the News tile from the Insert Module screen.
Customize the news module using the following options:
- Number of News Post to Show: This is the number of most recent news that will appear in this module.
- Alternative Source: This is the source of the news. For example, select District if you need only district news to appear here.
- Show "view all" link: This will show a link at the end of the module to open a new page with all the news.
- Hide if no content: This will hide the module if there is no news to show.
- Click OK.
- Change settings of the module at any time by clicking on Options in the toolbar, as seen below.
- Rename the module on the toolbar. 'News' or 'Headlines' are popular options as titles. To keep your site 508-compliant and do use all caps for news text. Titles, however, can appear in all caps.
Click the Add News button on the toolbar.
- Enter details, including date range for publishing and click Publish.
- The news shows in the list of all news items present in the module with options to edit or delete each news item.
- Click Close or Done to return to the Site Center.
Preview the page from the Site Center to confirm that the news appears on the page as intended. Click on the post to see the entire announcement. Please note that the posts disappear after their expiration.