Webmasters or Principals may need to add a page that displays teachers and staff members, including live links to their websites. This can be done by adding the Staff Directory module, which lists selected faculty members and their phone numbers.
- You have a School Loop account with Webmaster rights.
Note: If not, you can ask any Webmaster to provide the same rights to you.
- Users that you want to add to the Directory module need to have a Staff, Admin, Principal, or Teacher account registered.
- Log into your School Loop account with Webmaster rights.
- From the Toolbox, select Site Center.
Note: If this option is missing, you do not have webmaster rights.
- Select the page to which you want to add a module and click Edit.
If the page is located under a minisite (like on the image below), you need to click on the minisite first and then select the page.
Alternatively, you can create a new page.
- Hover over free space on the page or an existing module and click on the displayed Plus Icon to add a module.
- Select Staff Directory from the Insert Module window.
The list of all registered staff members is displayed.
- Select the users you want to add to the page and click OK.
Note: If a user is missing from the list, you need to register a Teacher, Principal, Admin, or Staff account for them first. District websites do not have Teacher or Principal accounts; only Staff and Admins are available.
- Right-click on the module to modify it; you can:
- Enter a title for the module.
- Add or remove users by clicking Select Staff.
- Once the module is ready, click Publish Changes at the top of the page.
- Once the page is published, click Logout.
- Open the page where you added the Staff module.
In this example, it is located under a minisite - we need to hover over its name and click on the name of the page.
The page with faculty members and their phone numbers (if available) is displayed. If the teacher has a published user site, it can be accessed by clicking on the teacher name. Any user can send a message to staff from the school site by clicking on the envelope icon.