Advanced rights for Senior District Webmasters are currently available by request only. Once enabled for a district, all Senior District Webmasters gain these rights. This article describes the different features that are part of the advanced rights for webmasters.
Homepage Modules are Unlocked
With advanced rights, you can move, delete or add new homepage modules anywhere. Some modules include previously unavailable format options.
Editing Rights for the Locked States of Homepage Modules
When working with modules in the editing view of the site pages, you may change the locked state of homepage modules for site webmasters by following these steps:
- Select the module you wish to lock.
- Click the Lock icon on the toolbar.
- Choose from the three lock statuses that determine if the module is editable, movable, and deletable, as explained descriptively in the table below the following screenshot.
Refer to this table, to learn more about the options for Locked states for modules:
|Locked State||Content Editable||Module Movable||Module Deletable|
Viewing All Layers in Template Layouts
With advanced rights, you can access the hidden layers of a template with full control over the layout. But be aware that the template layouts are complicated and prone to breaking up. If you happen to disrupt a layout module, you may revert to an earlier version of the homepage.
Follow these steps to view the layers:
- Select any module.
- Click on the layer menu for the module on the far left side of the toolbar.
- Move the cursor over the list to identify module layers that are highlighted by a black border on the site page, as seen in an example below:
Caution: Deleting rows and columns from your template can break the layout. Use the cancel button if you realize you have made a severe error. If the mistake is saved, revert to an earlier version of the page.
With advanced rights, you can modify the templates. Some of the most common use cases for modifying templates are:
- Changing the number of columns in the mega menu drop-down menu.
- Inserting a multiple-column layout.
- Removing homepage components.
- Reordering homepage Badges.
- Changing homepage carousel.
Log into your SL account with the advanced webmaster rights and follow these steps to edit, copy, and delete templates:
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Admin Center > Templates.
- Click the Edit button. It does not matter which template is selected when you click this button.
- From the left side of the page, select a template and click on its icons to edit, copy, or delete.
- Go to the Show Locking button for the locked templates.
- The Locked modules will display a red border. To change the locked setting for a module, select it, and click on the Lock icon, as seen in the example below.
Important: Changes to templates do not apply to sites already using the previous version of the template. In those cases, either edit the homepage of the websites or update the template again. Please be aware that the contents of the homepage reset when a new template is selected.
Custom CSS for Modules
Although advanced rights allow customized CSS for individual modules, we highly recommend against using these tools without direct support from School Loop. Under the hood, SLS2 is a complex system, and it is easy to make mistakes when using CSS tools.
Please submit a ticket on School Loop Help Center if you need to customize CSS for a module.