This guide describes how to apply a new homepage template. Keep in mind that all homepage content will be lost when a new homepage template is chosen. Interior pages are unaffected. If a site is currently published, it will have to be unpublished before selecting a new template.
Start by following these steps to access the Site Center:
- Log into your SL account with the webmaster rights.
- Navigate to the Toolbox > Site Center. If you do not see this option under the Toolbox, it is likely that you do not have the webmaster rights. Learn more about the rights issue that may prevent your access to the Site Center.
Note: Senior District Webmasters will access the Site Center via the Admin Center.
Selecting a New Homepage Template
- Once in the Site Center, go to the Tools tab.
- Click on the Select button for the option Select Hompage.
- This opens the list of the available templates, as seen below. Select a template from here.
- Click the Preview link to open the selected template in a new window.
- Click the Select button once the template when you are ready to apply it on your homepage.
Choosing Snap Templates
Previously published websites using School Loop's older system SLS1, must use a Snap template to ensure that the template matches the framework of the former SL system. In the list of templates, these templates are marked as illustrated below.
If the procedure is carried out correctly, the new template is successfully applied to the homepage.