All content on School websites needs to be ADA and Section 508 compliant. To make links to files and pages posted on your site compliant, you need to add a clear and concise description for each linked file or page.
- Open the page where the links are located by following the Editing Pages article.
- Review the links you have on your page.
In this example, we will work with the file list module.
- The extension of file types is automatically added at the end of the file name in the File List module. Remove file extensions from the link text if present.
- Do not use Click Here. Instead, add a proper description to your link.
- Do not add plain text URLs. Describe the content of the link/page instead. A 508 Error for this issue is displayed in the image below.
- Right-click on the module with the link(s) you want to edit. Click on each link and enter a new description according to the guidelines above.
- Once you updated the links, click Publish Changes at the top of the page.
Open the page on your site where the links are located. You can select it from the drop-down that appears when you hover over your school name:
The page with the updated links is displayed.