The Afterschool Professional account type is designed for users who are not employed by the school but are charged with helping students and require access to the student assignment calendar. These include professional tutors, social workers, and community center staff.
This article shares additional information about this account type and the process for self-registering as an afterschool professional.
Afterschool Professionals can view the assigned work for specific students, without access to view their grades. A registered parent of the student must approve the Afterschool Professional before they can view that student's assignments. If there are no registered parents, then an administrator may receive written permission from a parent, then approve the account.
Learn more about the features within an Afterschool Professional account type.
Self Registering as Afterschool Professional
Follow these steps:
- Go to your school's homepage. If you do not know your school's homepage URL use this search tool to find it.
- If you do not see a Register button on the page, click the small Login button in the footer of the page.
- Click the Register Now button on the login screen.
- Click Afterschool Professional Registration.
- Fill in the form completely. You will need the student's ID number and name to complete this form.
Note: You do not need a separate account for each student. You can link multiple students from the same school to one account. Once registered, users can Add Students from the homepage, but approval is required for each student.
Once an afterschool professional has registered with a student's account or has added a student, the parents will have an opportunity to approve or deny permission for the Afterschool Professional to view the student's assignments.
An alert will appear on the registered parent's portal giving the parent all the information they need to make an informed decision, along with the consent agreement.