Your personal teacher website comes with a single page by default, but you may choose to create a site with as many pages as you like. These pages may be organized into a set of folders (subsections or mini-sites) and you may add as much content, pictures, and resources as you wish.
1. Click the My Websites button at the top of your portal page.
2. Click Add on the top left side.
2. Select Page from the pull-down menu.
3. Enter a title.
4. Choose a template (we recommend using templates which include navigation).
- Other options include a URL name (short name) and the ability to exclude the page from navigation.
- Unlike your default teacher page, a new page you add will not contain any elements when you first add it.
1. Click any of the green + buttons on the page to add an element to that section.
- If you do not like the placement of an element you've added, simply drag it to another location on the page.
1. Hover your cursor over the body of the element until you see the crossed arrows.
2. Click, hold and drag the element to any Plus Sign until the grey bar turns green.
3. Release the mouse to relocate the element.
4. When satisfied with the layout of your page, click Publish at the top of the page to publish your Mini-Site.
When working on a new page or after making changes to a published page, the changed elements will be displayed with an orange title bar. The orange color indicates you're working on a draft.
You can click Save Draft if you wish to save changes without publishing them. Use this with caution: clicking Cancel means your unpublished changes will not be saved.
You may preview your draft pages by clicking the Preview Draft button near the top right of the page. The preview opens in a new window or tab and may be closed without losing content.
The Live View button will open a preview of the published version of the page so that you can easily compare your draft to the live version of the page. If the page has never been published, the label Page Never Published appears in place of the Live View button.
When you are satisfied with the page that you have built and the content that you have added, click the Publish button at the top of the page.
Adding a Mini-Site and a Page
You can use minisites to add an organizational structure to your site using a folder.
1. Starting from your main teacher page, click the Add button located on the top left side.
2. Select Minisite from the pull-down menu.
3. Give the Minisite a name.
4. Click the Create button. You now have a named folder, but it does not contain anything - you still have to create pages.
5. Click the Add button in the middle of the screen.
6. Give your page a title and add a friendly URL that you can give out to your students and parents.
7. Choose a template. The included templates feature 3-column and 2-column layouts, with or without navigation. In most cases you will want to choose a template with navigation so that your visitors can easily get back to your main page.
8. When you are done, click the Submit button.
1. Click the Reorder Pages button located on the top left side of any page to view a map of your site.
2. Click, hold, and drag the individual Pages to the desired location.
3. Release the mouse button.
- If you use the Reorder Pages button from inside a mini-site, you may reorder the pages of that section only.
- Use the Reorder Pages button from a page at the top level if you wish to move pages between the Minisites.
If you wish, you can hide a page from the left-side navigation.
1. Go to the page that should be hidden.
2. Click Properties next to the page title.
3. Check Exclude from Navigation Menu.
4. Click the Submit button.
1. Open the Page that you wish to delete.
2. Click the Delete Live Page button at the top of the page.
1. Click the Reorder Pages button on the left of any page.
2. Click the Undelete Pages button towards the top left of the page.
3. Locate the page that you wish to restore and click the Undelete button for that page.