At the beginning of a term, teachers need to move a section from one course to another (e.g., if a section is displayed under the wrong course) or merge sections into a single course to consolidate student rosters before adding any assignments. Once all sections for the same subject are listed under a single course, it is easier for teachers to assign work and publish grades.
- You are a teacher and have active courses assigned to you.
- You have not added any assignments for the required Period.
Note: If you have added assignments and need to move the section, ask your School Admin to do it; the assignments, however, will not be moved.
- You have a course to which you want to move a section.
Note: If the required course is missing and needs to be created, reach out to your School Administrator to create it for you.
- Log in to your teacher account.
- From the Toolbox, click Manage Sections.
- Click Move & Merge next to the required section.
In this example, Algebra Period 5 was added to the Geometry course by mistake.
Note: If the button is greyed out, it means that there are assignments created for the selected period. Since assignments and grades cannot be moved from one course to another, the Move & Merge button is inactive.
- Select the course to which you want to move the section and click Submit.
After completing the 4th step, the Success message is displayed and the period is listed under the required course: