School Loop archives the following content every year:
- Locker contents
- Progress reports for School Loop Plus teacher accounts
Starting with the archives for 2015/16, you may also download a copy of the contents of your Gradebooks in Excel format. Course Archives may be accessed using the link in the 'Quick Links' section on your portal homepage:
Other important features:
- Teachers may view their archived data, and in the case of assignments, notes, and locker content, these archives may be republished for the current year.
- Progress reports do not need to be republished, however, you may view and print progress reports for individual students.
- A new feature has been added that allows teachers to move archived course content within School Loop schools. See below for more details.
This guide provides information on the different ways to access the course archives.
School Loop Plus
Republish Archived Data
- Click the Course Archives link in the 'Quick Links' Section of your portal.
- To republish archived data to the new school year, click the link for Assignments, Lessons, Units Notes, or Locker.
- Click the Copy button.
- Select the desired course or choose All (Mass Copy) to publish an assignment to all courses.
- Fill out the form presented and make any desired changes, including to the assign and due dates.
- Click the Publish button.
- Assignments can be copied to an active course in your schedule or curriculum group to which you belong. Lessons and Units can be copied to an active course in your schedule.
View Progress Reports and Download Gradebooks
- In our latest version, it is possible to download last year's progress reports and Gradebooks. Once you download, you may customize it in Excel as per your needs.
- Clicking the Progress Reports link takes you to a screen where you can see the list of students organized by periods for that specific year. Click on a student's name to view the progress report and print it if needed.
- To download a Gradebook, simply click on the respective Gradebook link. In the next screen, click the direct link to download that Gradebook in Microsoft Office Excel format (.xls extension).
Move Course Content Across Schools
The following types of content can be downloaded from the Archives in one step:
- Locker content
This is what the new Course Archives interface looks like:
A new feature added recently allows you to click a link under each of last year's classes and download the content in a .zip file (a compressed format) for you to bring with you to another School Loop school. The following steps describe how to do this:
- Log into School Loop and go to your Course Archives. In the next screen (see screenshot above), click the Download Course Content link for the class content you want to download.
- A .zip file with the name of the class is downloaded to your default local Download folder (e.g., ALGEBRA_1A_SPR_2015_Archive.zip). This .zip file can only be used to transfer course content within School Loop and cannot be manipulated outside of this platform. Because of this, we do not recommend to try to open the files included in the .zip.
- Once your account at the new school is ready, log into School Loop and go to your Course Archives. At the top yellow section, click the Upload Course Content button.
- Click the Choose File button to select the .zip file and then click the Upload button.
- A confirmation message is displayed once the upload is complete and the new course archive content is available for you to copy to a current course.
Q: I have the same schedule this year, do I need to copy Locker files from the course archives?
A: No. You do not need to copy the content of your archived course lockers if you are teaching the same courses this year. The course lockers are already populated with your content.
Q: I copied archived Notes to my course, where are they?
A: You will need to have a Notes module saved on your course bulletin board for the notes to show up.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of years course material is archived?
A: No, School Loop will archive every year, every course.
Q: What exactly is archived?
A: Your course archives are organized by year, subject, and content type. Assignments, Lessons, Units, Notes, Locker, and Progress Reports are archived. For a complete list of what data is archived, see the Year-to-Year Archiving Help page.
Q: Not all of the links are active, why?
A: Items that are not hyperlinks indicate that there was no content of that type to archive.
Q: I am getting an early start, why can't I copy before the beginning of the school year?
A: Before the first day of school you will not be able to copy archived content until your school has imported schedules for the new year.
Q: How complete is the archived assignment or note?
A: Any previously attached files and links have also been archived.
Q: Can I copy assignments to a curriculum group?
A: Yes. If you are a member of a curriculum group, the option to copy assignments to that group will be available. Lessons and Units cannot be published directly from the archives to curriculum groups.