School Loop Plus allows integration of Partner Gradebooks. This article provides information on and guidelines for using Making the Grade (MTG) together with School Loop.
Making the Grade has been designed to work with School Loop, and it works best with the latest version. Both assignments and rosters flow from School Loop into Making the Grade. You do not need to enter assignments or manage rosters in Making The Grade.
It would be useful to get more information about Selecting Gradebook before you follow the instructions below for switching from the School Loop Gradebook to Making the Grade.
The process of using Making the Grade with School Loop involves five parts:
- Exporting Rosters and Assignments from School Loop
- Importing Rosters and Assignments into Making the Grade
- Exporting Progress Reports from Making the Grade
- Importing Progress Reports into School Loop
- Viewing Published Progress Reports
Exporting Rosters and Assignments from School Loop
- In the School Loop portal page, go to Navigation Bar > Gradebooks > Partner Gradebook.
- Go to the Making the Grade Tools page.
- Click Export Rosters and Assignments to Making the Grade.
- Click Download Roster.
- Save the GBX file.
We recommend you to create a folder for depositing the Making the Grade files.
Importing Rosters and Assignments into Making the Grade
- Log in to Making the Grade.
- Choose Import School Loop Rosters.
- Find the desired roster file and open it.
- Click Save.
The file will be converted into a Making the Grade file for a teacher's first course. Users will be prompted to do a one-time setup of your gradebook. All School Loop categories will be automatically entered in Making the Grade.
- Repeat for each course.
Following these steps, users can enter grades in Making the Grade. Teachers can add assignments and new students to an existing gradebook on a regular basis by simply downloading rosters and assignments in School Loop and importing them into Making the Grade.
Exporting Progress Reports from Making the Grade
Once grades have been entered in Making the Grade, progress reports can be sent back to School Loop. In Making the Grade, go to School Loop, and click Send Progress Reports. This will create a schoolloop.xml file that will be automatically be saved in your Making the Grade folder.
Importing Progress Reports into School Loop
- In the School Loop portal page, go to Navigation Bar > Gradebook For... > Partner Gradebook.
- Select Import Progress Reports.
- Browse to the schoolloop.xml file you just saved in the Making the Grade folder, and click Submit.
Viewing Published Progress Reports
Once progress reports have been imported from Making The Grade, you can view them at the Student Performance tab.
- At the portal, click Class Tools.
- Click the Student Performance tab.
- Click the arrow next to a student's name to see details.
- Click Full Progress Report. The full progress report will contain the assignments and grades that have been imported for that student.