The School Loop seating chart is an easy to use, drag-and-drop seating chart. Your current rosters will be right there so you can:
- Easily arrange the room and delete extra seats.
- Randomly or alphabetically assign students to seats.
- Drag and drop students you want to move.
- Print out hard copies of the chart.
School Loop Plus
There are two ways to access the classroom seating chart.
1. Login to your School Loop Teacher's account to see the Course Management on your homepage.
2. Click the More button near your course on the main portal page and click Seating Chart.
3. Click the Classroom menu for your class, then click on Seating Chart, on the right side.
Creating the Layout
1. Choose the appropriate class period.
2. Select the Layout tab and click Create Grid of Seats.
- The highlighted X mark below allows you to delete a seat.
- Move the seats into any configuration by placing your cursor over the seat and dragging and dropping it where you want it to be.
- Do not move seats into the blank area on the left.
3. To add extra seats, click Add One Seat. The new seat will appear on top of the existing grid. Drag and drop the seat wherever you wish.
4. Once you are satisfied with the layout, select Save layout.
Note: A layout consists of an arrangement of seats. Only one layout can be saved per teacher. If you have two classes with different seating arrangements, create a grid that accommodates the larger of the two arrangements and do not delete seats from this arrangement. One layout applies for all of your classes, so create a grid that is large enough to accommodate your largest class.
Assigning Seats to Students
1. Select the Students tab.
Your roster will appear tiled down the left side of the seating chart grid and you can arrange students easily to meet your needs.
2. You can drag and drop students anywhere on the seating chart.
3. Or, have the system arrange students for you by clicking the Randomly or Alphabetically buttons.
4. If you wish to start over, click the Reset Students button to clear all seats and move the students back to the left-hand column.
5. When you have completed the arrangement, select Save Seat Assignments.
Multiple layouts for seating chart
It's not possible to create unique layouts for different classrooms. Our best recommendation is to create a layout grid with enough seats to work for all of your classrooms. For example, an 8 x 8 grid could work for most any seating arrangement even though there aren't that many desks in most classrooms.