This article shares the process of creating or editing custom codes for gradebooks in School Loop Plus.
Follow these steps to create or edit a custom code:
- Click Settings in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Choose a Gradebook under Gradebook Settings.
- In the Custom Codes (Universal) section, click Go.
- Click on Create New Code.
- Enter the code (e.g., 'I'). Custom codes are not case sensitive and should be three or fewer characters. It is not advisable to use numbers unless they are combined with other character types (e.g., 'I2', 'I3'...). The only exception is the system code of E, which always has a value of exempt or excused.
- Enter the explanation of the code in the Definition field (e.g., 'Incomplete'). It is recommended to keep this brief and understandable.
- Choose the appropriate Value (e.g., 'Zero') for the code. If you choose Percent, you must also enter a numerical value in the Percent input field.
- Click Submit.
The created custom code will show under the Current Codes list, and the teachers can use that code in their Gradebooks.