This document provides details on how to create custom codes.
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose a Gradebook under Gradebook Settings.
- In the Custom Codes (Universal) section, click Go.
- Click Create New Code.
- Enter the code in the in the appropriate field field (e.g., 'I').
- Enter the explanation of the code in the Definition field (e.g., 'Incomplete').
- Choose the appropriate Value (e.g., 'Zero').
Code: This is the value you will enter as a score. Custom codes are not case sensitive and should be 3 or fewer characters-long, since that's all that will be visible in the cells where the scores are entered. It is not advisable to use numbers unless when combined with other character types.
Definition: Brief and plain explanation of the code.
Value: Choose a type. If you choose Percent, you must also enter a numerical value in the Percent input field. Otherwise, choose either Does Not Count or Zero.
- Click Submit.
The created custom code will be displayed under the Current Codes list and the teacher can use that code in the Gradebook.