You are a teacher and need to grade assignments using custom code (instead of a numeric value). For example, you need to create a code for non-submitted assignments to differentiate them from assignments that were submitted but scored zero points. Once created, custom codes can be used for all your gradebooks.
You are a teacher you have courses assigned to you.
- Log into your School Loop teacher account.
- Click Settings in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select the required Gradebook under Gradebook Settings.
- Under Custom Codes (Universal), click Go.
- Click Create New Code.
- Enter the code - it should be 1-3 letters long.
You can combine letters and numbers, but do not create custom codes that consist of one or several numeric characters. Custom codes are not case sensitive.
Note: There is a default system code
E, which always has the value of
- Enter the description for the code in the Definition field (for example,
Incompletefor the entered code
I). It is recommended to keep this definition brief and easy to understand as it is visible for students and parents.
- Select the required Value:
- If you choose Percent, enter a numerical value in the percentage input field. Do not use 0 value; instead, use the Zero option.
- Does not count - removes the assignment from final grade calculation.
- Zero - Select this option for a code to have 0 points for an assignment.
- Click Submit.
After completing step 9, the page with existing custom codes is displayed, where you can see the newly created code.