The custom progress report message appears on the progress report for all your students and their parents. Use this message to provide additional information about your grade policy, office hours or important grading deadlines. You can change the message as often as you like.
If you frequently use the comment fields found on the assignment and student score sheets, you may use the custom progress report message as a legend for comments - similar to comments typically used on report cards. Instead of typing out your comments, enter a code such as A, B, 1, or 2 to represent comments listed in the custom progress report message (e.g. 1 = Late work reduced by 20%).
- At the top right corner of the page, click Settings (the gear icon).
- Click the title of the Gradebook in the Course Settings section (e.g. Algebra Honors 1A).
- In Custom Progress Report Message section, click Go.
- Enter your message in the text area.
- Click Submit.
- Go to that gradebook (e.g. Algebra Honors 1A) and click the orange Progress Report Publishing button.
- Click Publish.
The progress report for each student will display a custom progress report message like the one below: