Teachers review and grade homework submitted by Students and need to publish the grades so that they are visible for Students and Parents. This article shows the steps to submit the Progress Reports on the School Loop portal.
- You have a Teacher account with courses assigned to you.
Note: Admins and principal won't be able to publish Gradebooks on the Teacher's behalf. This can be done only by the Teacher or School Loop Support (if Teacher is unavailable).
- You have created at least one assignment that is worth 1 point or more; otherwise, grades for the assignment will not count into the summary grade.
- If you are using custom codes only, some of them need to have a positive value (70-100% depending on your needs) to have the correct final grade reflected for Students.
- Log into your School Loop account.
- Click Gradebooks and select the required gradebook.
- Enter grades for the required assignment (if you haven't already).
- Once the grades are entered, click Progress Report Publishing.
Note: If you click Save, the grades are stored in the gradebook but are not visible to students and parents.
- Select the assignments you wish to publish in the progress report.
- Publish - to publish the grades immediately.
- Publish with Message - to add a message to your progress report.
On the new page, enter a message, select which students and parents you want to send it (trending up or trending down), and click Submit. The message will be sent to registered students/parents via LoopMail.
Once you complete step 6, the Success message is displayed and a green circle appears above the assignment, indicating that it is published.
To check how that the correct grades are visible for students and parents:
- Click on the name of a student.
- On the student scoresheet, click Progress Report.
- Grades for all published assignments are displayed, including the date when the last assignment was published.