Teachers or Admins need to add another user with the Teacher or Staff role as a Co-teacher for a Class, which can be useful for adding a substitute Teacher for a Class.
The Co-teacher role grants access to all the tools for a shared Course, such as the Gradebook, Class Sites, Calendar, Locker, Curriculum, Student Tracker, and the Seating Chart. Co-teachers are also automatically included in the Learning Management Team for the Students in the shared Course.
Below are the pre-requisites to consider before proceeding with the addition of a Co-teacher:
- The Gradebook sharing feature is enabled for your school.
Note: If the option in step 4 is not available, please ask your District Admin to submit a request to enable Gradebook sharing.
- The user that you want to add as a Co-teacher has a Teacher or Staff account. If not, the account can be created by a School Admin.
- You are the Teacher of record for the Course you want to share (i.e., Co-teachers cannot add another user as a Co-teacher).
Note: If the Teacher of record is not available, a School Administrator can submit a ticket to add a Co-teacher, including the following info:
- Teacher of record name
- Desired Co-teacher name
- Course or a Gradebook name for which a Co-teacher needs to be added.
Below are the steps to add a Co-teacher for a Class:
- Log in to your School Loop Teacher account.
- Click Settings.
- Click on the course you want to share.
- Under Choose Co-teacher, click Go.
- From the dropdown, select the required Staff or Teacher account.
Note: Only one user can be added as a Co-teacher for a specific course. However, the same user can be added as a Co-teacher for multiple courses.
- Click Submit.
- Open the corresponding Course by clicking Gradebooks and selecting the course.
- The Co-teacher is listed under the name of the Gradebook: