Teachers or admins need to add a user with a Teacher or Staff role as a Co-teacher for a class. The Co-teacher role grants access to all the tools for a shared course, such as Gradebook, Class Sites, Calendar, Locker, Curriculum, Student Tracker, and Seating Chart. Co-teachers are also automatically included in the Learning Management Team for students in the shared course.
- The gradebook sharing feature is enabled for your school.
Note: If the option in step 4 is not available, please ask your District Admin to submit a request to enable gradebook sharing.
- The user that you want to add as a Co-Teacher has a Teacher or Staff account. If not, the account can be created by a School Admin.
- You are the teacher of record for the course you want to share (i.e., co-teachers cannot add another user as a co-teacher).
Note: If the teacher of record is not available, School Administrator can submit a ticket to add a co-teacher, including the following info:
- Teacher of record name
- Desired co-teacher name
- Course or a gradebook name for which a co-teacher needs to be added.
- Log in to your teacher account.
- Click Settings.
- Click on the course you want to share.
- Under Choose Co-teacher, click Go.
- From the dropdown, select the required staff or teacher account.
Note: Only one user can be added as a Co-Teacher for a specific course. However, a user can be added as a Co-Teacher for multiple courses.
- Click Submit.
- Once step 6 is complete, open the corresponding course by clicking Gradebooks and selecting the course.
- The co-teacher is listed under the name of the gradebook: