The teacher assigned to a course can authorize a user with a Teacher or Staff role to be a Co-teacher for the same course. The Co-teacher role grants access to all the tools for a shared course, such as Gradebook, Class Sites, Calendar, Locker, Curriculum, Student Tracker, and Seating Chart. Co-teachers are also automatically included in the Learning Management Team for students in the shared course.
Shared courses are integrated into the Co-teacher's portal, but the portal is different for Teachers and Staff users. Teachers have the same Teacher Portal they are used to but with the extra courses (to which they are added as a Co-teacher).
This article provides an overview of the Co-teacher's portal and its features.
Note: This is a District-wide feature. To enable it, please reach out to your district admin. They can open a support ticket to enable this feature for all schools in the district.
Staff members who are Co-teachers gain a Course Management area in their portals where they can find links for all the course tools.
Please read an overview of the features available for a user added as a Co-teacher for several courses.
- Course Management - this area of the portal displays all your courses for the current school year. When courses are not active (i.e., no students are currently enrolled), they are not visible on the portal.
- Course Name - click on a course name to go the Course Tools for that subject.
- Class Sites - the place where teachers can share instructional resources with students. In a teacher's portal, the Class Sites allow teachers to see exactly how their course materials will appear to students in their portals.
- Add Assignment - for each assignment, you must assign the work to a single course by period, set the assign and due dates, and give it a title. There are several optional settings: attaching files or links (available for parents and students to download), choosing a category (essential if you use weighting), and setting the point value (for assignments that will appear in the gradebook).
- Course Tools - the hub for the subjects you teach. This section contains five features: Curriculum, Student Performance, Class Tools and Bulletin Board, Locker, & Calendar.
- Student Tracker - customizable groups of students that allow administrators and teachers to focus on their needs. You are automatically given a course tracker for each course you teach.
- Current Assignments - displays current assignments for the week for all your courses. You can also easily edit, copy, or delete assignments here.