Grade Weighting is an optional feature that allows teachers to set different weights for each assignment category in Gradebooks. When Weighting is enabled, the final grade is calculated based on the sum of student's average scores for each category multiplied by the weight of the category (e.g., 50% - Assignments, 30% - Projects, 20% - Final Exam).
You have a teacher account and there are courses assigned to you.
- Log in to your School Loop account.
- Click Settings.
- Under Gradebook Settings, select one of your gradebooks.
- Under Weighting, click Go.
- Next to User Weighting, select Yes.
- Enter the weight for each category you will use; leave 0 for categories that you will not use. The sum of all weights must be 100.
Optionally, you can add extra credit. Also, you can create custom categories if needed.
- Click Submit.
After completing step 7, the confirmation message is displayed. You can follow steps 1-4 to confirm that the weighting settings that you entered in step 6 were saved.