Teachers can create and publish a copy of an assignment to multiple courses that they are teaching. This feature is available for teachers who have more than one active course on the portal.
The All (Mass Copy) option can be accessed in several ways:
- From the portal home page, select Add Assignment > All (Mass Copy).
- From My Calendar select Add Assignment > All (Mass Copy).
- From Course Archives select Assignments > Copy > All (Mass Copy).
- Who: Select the Audience to which work is to be assigned (Assign To). Teachers can choose entire courses or specific periods.
- When: Select an Assign Date and Due Date for the assignment. Teachers can choose future assign dates to plan lessons in advance.
- What: Provide a Title for the assignment. You can also include additional information like the amount of time needed to complete the assignment or detailed instructions to the students about the assignment.
- Where: Choose the location for the mass copied assignment (Calendars, Calendars and Gradebook, or Gradebook Only). There are additional publishing options which allow you to select assignment categories, repeating due dates, maximum points, and scaled points.
- Click the Publish Button to make separate copies of the assignments for each course selected.
Q: If I edit my copied assignment, will this affect all copies of the assignment in every course?
A: No, any changes made to a copied assignment will only change copies within the active course. For example, if I mass copied an assignment called "Binder Check" to both my Biology, Chemistry and Physics class and I needed to edit the assignment due date for my Biology course, then I would go into my Biology gradebook to edit the copied assignment and any change would only affect my Biology classes.
Q: Why don't I have the Mass Copy Assignment tool in my gradebook?
A: Because a gradebook is tied to a course, any content created automatically publishes just to that course. So to publish to multiple courses, you must be outside of a course gradebook like on your Portal homepage or in your Course Archives.