Teachers can create and publish a copy of an assignment to multiple courses that they are teaching, which allows them to save time.
You need to be the teacher of record for the course to which you want to copy assignments; users cannot mass copy assignments to the courses to which they are assigned as Co-Teachers.
- Log in to your School Loop account.
- From the Course Management section, click Add Assignment and select All (Mass Copy).
- On the new page, fill in the required (title, assign to, points, dates) and optional fields:
- Title - Enter the title for the assignment.
- Body - Enter all details about the assignment.
- Assign To - Select courses and periods for which you want to publish this assignment. Only courses for which you are the teacher of record can be selected.
- Assign Date - Enter the date when the assignment will be visible for students.
- Due Date - Specify the last day when the assignment can be submitted by students.
- Points - Enter the maximum number of points that can be earned for this assignment.
Note: The number of points must be 1 or higher.
- Scaled Points - Enter a number of Scaled Points for this assignment. By default, this value is equal to the Points value.
- Category - Select a Category for this assignment.
- Publish to - Select where you want to publish the assignment - calendar, gradebook, or both.
- Priority Alerts - Select one of the following options:
- No Alerts - Parents will not receive alerts.
- Test Alert - Parents that are using School Loop mobile app will receive an alert about a test the day before its due date.
- Assignment Alert - Parents that are using School Loop mobile app will receive an alert about an assignment on the Assign Date and the day before its due date.
- Time to Complete - Enter estimated time to complete the assignment; it does not affect the amount of time students can actually spend on the assignment.
- Also, you can Attach Files and Links to the assignment.
- Click Publish.
Newly created assignments are displayed on your portal portal homepage below the Student Tracker section.
Note: If you edit one of the mass copied assignments, the changes are applied only to the selected assignments. If you need to update all of the created assignments, you need to modify them one by one.