This feature of the grade book allows teachers to enter scores based on a raw number of points possible and have those scores scaled up to a new value. For example, let's say you give a quiz with only 8 questions.To simplify the grading, you score each question as 1 point but you want to make the quiz worth 25 points for the purpose of calculating student grades.
Click here for more information on Scaled Scores.
- Login to the SchoolLoop portal.
- Click on Assignment as shown in the orange button.
- Select a class from the drop down menu.
- On the left hand side, locate the Points and the Scaled Points section.
NOTE: If the Scaled Points value in the screenshot above had been 4, then a student with 100% correct would receive a score of 4/4 for the quiz.
- Enter a lower value for the Scaled Points.
NOTE: Don't try to scale scores down to zero - this figure does not work.
- Click on Save Draft so the scores are saved and you can Publish it later when all the inputs are entered into the assignment.
Once a lower value is entered (other than 0) for the Scaled Points, the edited value will now reflect in the Scaled Points section.