School Loop has a custom Java program for PowerSchool called Gripper that will read grade import files from School Loop and modify them to be compatible with PowerSchool's import utility. This article describes how to use Gripper to import grades.
- Install Gripper.
- Contact School Loop to get the latest version of Gripper for PowerSchool.
- Download Gripper using the link provided by School Loop.
- Unzip and save the Gripper program to a local directory on a computer that has access rights to the directory containing the database for your SIS.
- Launch Gripper.
- Locate and double-click the batch file: gripper.bat
- Choose the Grade Import File.
- Click the Import File tab, then the Choose button to select the import file previously created.
- Enter Database Information.
- Click on the Database tab, then enter values for Host, as well as the User and Password credentials for a database user with read-access rights. Then click Connect.
- Enter PowerSchool Information.
- Click the PowerSchool tab, then click Choose to set the name and location for the PowerSchool Import File that will be generated.
- Enter the Store Code for your grading period, then click Create PowerSchool Import File.
- Terms and Percentages: multiplies the EarnedCrHours by the percentage specified for the term of the section (default is 100%).
- Import Grades into PowerSchool.
- Locate the PowerSchool compatible data file generated by Gripper and use this file to imports grades using PowerSchool grade import utility.
The PowerSchool compatible data file generated by Gripper is available for download and can now be used to import grades in the available file format on the system.