Importing call alerts data is necessary when using the Call Alerts feature.
There are two methods for importing the data necessary to use the Call Alerts feature. Both methods use a data file with the following requirements.
- Plain text, ASCII encoding, no column headings or quotes around each data value.
- The columns: Student ID (either permanent or local), Parent home phone number (formatted as pictured below), Home Language (case-insensitive, but spelling matters).
- For students with more than one parent with different phone numbers, add an additional row, with the same student ID, 2nd phone number, and Home Language.
- Administrators may access the upload interface by selecting Parents in User Management located at the top left of the page.
- On the Parent List, click the Upload Phone Numbers button.
- Navigate to the tab delimited, plain text ASCII file.
- Click Submit.
To update the School Loop System, generate and upload a new data file as often as necessary.
The Call Alerts data file can be included with the nightly data upload. For more information, see the Data Integration document in the left column of the Data Imports page.