School Loop imports data from the school's Student Information System (SIS) on a daily basis. The daily data imports keep School Loop in sync with the school, so any changes in user data are reflected automatically in School Loop. Most of the information in School Loop is dependent upon the accuracy of the data received from the SIS, which makes monitoring the school's daily imports a very important task.
The Imports tab provides administrators with a tool that allows them to keep track of daily data imports. This article describes how to navigate to the Imports tab and how to interpret the Imports data.
Step By Step Guide
- Navigate to User Management, select any user tab (except Students) and click on the user list. In this example, the Teachers list is selected.
- Click on the Imports button near the top right corner of the User List page.
The most important details are the import dates. If there are gaps where imports are not being sent or if the imports stop altogether, the information in School Loop will not be accurate.
Check the Created Date of the top import to see how long it has been since the last import. Ideally, the last import will never be more than one school day old.
The Modified Date may not be the same as the Created Date and can be ignored - rolling restarts and data rollbacks can influence the modified date.
- The numbers for teachers, students, courses and sections represent the total number of records in the system. These numbers can be larger than current active counts since they can include dropped teachers and students.
- The numbers in parentheses represent new records since the previous import.
- When the most recent import is more than three days old, the following alert message will appear in the upper right-hand corner of the Portal page.
The imports data is displayed after clicking the Imports button.