All Student Information Systems (SIS)
The primary concern in updating Sloopy for a new school year is to ensure that the database for the current school year is the source of the data imports. If you are uncertain about how to update Sloopy for your SIS, please contact School Loop for support.
- Change the value for
/SchoolYear:in the Sloopy.bat file. This parameter is part of the lines that trigger the VB script. There will be one line for each school, so be sure to change this value for all schools.
- If you choose to remain using the old Aeries setup for Sloopy (prior to 2010), see the directions at Legacy Scripts in Sloopy Yearly Update.
- Be sure to set the Active School Year in Infinite Campus to the new year at least two days before we roll the schools in your district.
- Data is extracted from Infinite Campus based on the Active School Year.
- Failure to update the school year in Infinite Campus could cause last year's data to be imported into School Loop.
Instructions from Infinite Campus
- Log in to Infinite Campus and go to System Administration.
- In the Calendars folder click School Year.
- Select the new year that you want to activate, check the Active box, then click Save.
- Contact Infinite Campus for more details on changing the active year.
- Edit the Sloopy.bat file located in the Sloopy\PowerSchool folder.
- Change the values for "starting TermID=", "ending TermID=" and "YearID=" to the correct values for the current year.
- For example, if last year's values were 2500, 2502, and 25 then the correct values for the 2017-2018 school year would be:
Note: Typically 2502 is the ending term for semesters and 2503 is the ending term for trimesters.
- Edit the
Sloopy.batfile located in the
- Change the year in the following line:
data.school_yearvalue in the config file for each school.
All Other SISs
- Modify the script that you created as necessary in order to ensure that you will export data from the database for the current school year.
The script changes made reflect in the necessary file indicating that the changes were successful.