School Loop imports terms (e.g. semester, quarter, and year) from your student information system (SIS). In order for School Loop to function properly, the first day and subsequent term need to be configured for each term that is imported from your SIS. This is an annual activity unless there is a change in a term or new terms are imported. In such cases, the terms must be set again.
- You have a District Admin account. This task can also be done by School Administrators, but the data import process is handled by District Administrators.
- Your school has been rolled, Data Import was automated and the new year data, including term labels, from SIS was imported successfully to School Loop.
In most SISs, each term is given a label. For instance, the first semester might be called S1. These labels are usually common and recognizable. Each term has a start date. Start dates may be the same for more than one term. For instance, S1 and Q1 might both have the same start date. Each term has either a subsequent term or ends with the end of the school year. For example, S2 may be followed by the end of the year while Q2 is usually followed by Q3.
- Log in to your School Loop account.
- Select School Site List from the Toolbox.
- Select the required school from the list.
- Select School Settings from the Toolbox.
- Under Terms, click Go.
- Click Set next to the term you want to configure.
- Enter the first day of the term (must be within the school year) and select the next term from the dropdown.
If there is no following term, select End of School Year.
- Next, click Submit.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each term.
Once you have finished setting the terms, they are displayed with the updated info: