At the beginning of a school year, after configuring terms, District Admins need to create marking or grading periods. At the end of each period, teachers will need to submit grades that will be imported into SIS and sent to parents (usually via mail).
- You have a District Admin account.
- You have set the terms for schools in your district.
- Log in to your District Admin account.
- From the Toolbox, click School Site List.
- Click Edit Marking Periods.
- Click New Marking Period.
- Enter the following details for a new marking period:
- Display name
- Unique code
- Marking Period Ends Date - must be within the school terms for the district.
Note: To review configured terms, from the School Site List page (after step 2) click Edit Terms.
- Window open and close dates.
- Once done, click Submit.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to add more marking period if needed. Marking periods can overlap.
After you complete step 6, all existing (and newly created) marking periods are displayed: