SLS1 calendars had an option to click the calendar to view a larger full-page calendar.
SLS2 calendars don't include this as an automatic option, however, it's still possible to set this up. To do this, you would create a large calendar in a hidden page, then post a link above or below your calendar to lead to the hidden page.
Here's how to do it step by step:
1) Add a Hidden Folder. Go to your Site Center, click Add New, then select Hidden Folder:
The Hidden Folder and its contents will not display in your site's navigation bar.
2) Click the Hidden Folder to select it, then click Add New and select Page. In the setup screen for the new page, choose the one-column layout:
3) Click Submit. You will be taken to the edit screen of the new page. Add a Calendar module to the page, and select the desired source.
4) Once the new Calendar module has been added, select it and click the Format button at the top of the page:
In the resulting window, select the Month format:
5) Publish the page to complete setup of the new full view Calendar page.
6) Finally, go to the page that displays the small calendar. Here, you should add a new Text module above or below the small calendar. In this module, enter the text you'd like to lead to the large calendar.
7) Select the text and click the hyperlink icon:
Use the Site Map tab in the Select a Link window to select the hidden page you set up:
Once the link is set up, publish your changes. You now have a link above or below your small calendar that expands to display a large monthly grid version of the calendar, taking up the full page.