Webmasters may want to remove the RSS icon from the News module as when users click on it, an XML file with news is opened (which is not needed). It can be done only by Senior District Webmasters.
You have an account with Senior District Webmaster Rights.
- Log in to your School Loop district portal.
- From Toolbox, click Admin Center.
- Select your district or one of the school sites and click Login to Site.
- Select the page where the News module is located and click Edit. Usually, it is located on the Homepage.
- Right-click on the News module.
- From the toolbar, click Embed CSS.
- In the new window, enter the following CSS code and click update and close:
- Once done, click Publish Changes at the top of the page.
Once the page is published, click Logout.
The school homepage is displayed (open the required page if needed). The News module does not have the RSS feed icon anymore.