When Active Directory users request a new password, they will be presented with customized instructions to reset their Active Directory password. The instructions can include text, images, and links, including Mailto ones.
This article shares the process to customize the password recovery message for Active Directory users.
Follow these steps:
- Log into your School Loop account as an admin.
- From your District Admin portal, navigate to the School Site List in your Toolbox
- Click the Password Help Message link.
- In the Rich Text Editor, provide instructions on how to reset the Active Directory password. The message can contain text, images, and links. It is recommended that the instructions include:
- Specific steps and links to a password reset page.
- District requirements for a password.
- Systems where this new password will be used.
- Contact information if a district needs help resetting their password.
Active Directory users see your configured message when requesting to reset their password with School Loop. Here's an example of a custom password recovery message: