When schools or districts decide to integrate their user database using Directory Services with School Loop, specific considerations need to be taken into account to ensure a smooth transition.
The list below covers features and required information that School Loop needs when performing the integration:
- District Site Codes: One or more department codes for district users.
- Web Service URL: The URL to the Web Service of the district (e.g., https:/100.100.0.1:7574/ldap_service).
- EmployeeID attribute name: The name of the attribute that the district is using for student and teacher IDs (default value is
- Department attribute name: The name of the attribute the district is using for the school code (default value is
- Search Base: The domain for the district users (e.g., district.k12.org).
- External web service connect error message: If you want a custom message to appear for users when the web service cannot connect to your Directory Service, you should specify it.
- District LDAP Admin email: Web service failure alerts will be sent to this address.
- Activation Options. Let us know if you want the following options to be enabled:
- Block Manual Student Registration
- Sync Student Email Addresses
- Activate Students Automatically
- Activate District Staff Automatically