This article shares information about the use of the custom codes option in Gradebook Settings available to teachers in School Loop Plus. To learn about the process of producing new codes refer to Creating or Editing Custom Codes for Gradebooks.
Custom codes in gradebook allow teachers to define codes with the following assigned values:
- Does not count
These codes help teachers convey more information than just a numerical score. For example, from the parent's point of view, does a score of zero mean the student did the work and received no credit, or did the student not submit the work in? In this situation, having codes like the following can help clarify the reason for the score:
- Teachers may use any number of characters for codes, but due to the size of the cells in the gradebook, it is best to limit codes to three characters.
- All codes are case-insensitive.
- Like categories and grade scales, custom codes are universal and may be used in any gradebook once created.
- It is not possible to edit a code once created. If you delete a custom code, its value in your gradebook is automatically set to zero.
- The only exception is the system code of E, which always has a value of exempt or excused.