Users who have recently updated to a new School Loop (SL) website report getting notifications from their former school website. This article shares the root cause and resolution of this issue for admins.
The users have active accounts with notifications enabled in the old SL website.
School admin with rights can either disable the old website or stop the notifications for the user through the following steps:
- Log into your SL account as an admin.
- Use the user's name or email address associated with their School Loop account to locate the affected account in the portal using the Member Search.
- Click on View Account for the user.
- Click the Change button to enable or disable:
- Forwarded system messages.
- Daily update summary sent to users.
Note: The screenshot above shows settings and options available for staff users. These options may differ slightly in student and parent accounts.
- Click the Submit button after updating the information.
The users stop getting notifications from the older School Loop website once the notification options are disabled.