There are multiple ways to handle substitute teachers in School Loop. The best solution depends on a number of factors. This article provides the solutions for making substitute teacher requests as per different cases.
School Loop cannot transfer the Gradebooks from one teacher to another. What we can do is change the ownership of an account to match the data imports received from your Student Information System (SIS).
Accordingly, to help us find the best solution, please answer each question below in order until you can answer “Yes”:
- Will all sections be reassigned to a single substitute teacher using the substitute teacher's ID number?
Yes Submit a support ticket with the names, email addresses, and IDs of both the original and substitute teachers. No Go to question #2
- Will all sections will remain assigned to the original teacher?
There are two solutions in this case:
- The substitute takes over the original teacher's account. Submit a support ticket if the original teacher is not able to provide their login information to the sub. The name and email address on the account should be changed to the sub's information. When the original teacher returns, the sub will turn the account back over to that teacher.
- The substitute will need a staff account and the original teacher will make the sub a co-teacher (For more information refer to the Adding a Co-Teacher article). Submit a support ticket if the original teacher is not able to name a co-teacher. This is also the best method if the original teacher’s sections are to be split up amongst two or more subs.
No Go to question #3
- Will all sections be reassigned to two or more teachers using the ID numbers of those teachers?
Yes It is not possible to make the original teacher’s grade book available in this scenario. The grade books from the original teacher may be downloaded in Excel format and made available to the teachers taking over. Grades will have to be re-entered manually. No Go to question #4
- Did you answer “No” to all of the previous questions?
Yes We’ll need all the details in order to suggest a solution. Please include names, IDs, along with who will be taking over which sections when submitting a Support request. No That shouldn’t be possible, but follow the directions above just the same.