School Loop is pleased to announce the release of an upgraded interface for User Sites. This upgrade will bring our entire content management system up to the new version that is already available for webmasters.
When will the new interface be available?
Our next release is scheduled for mid-July 2019.
What if I’m not ready to make the switch?
No worries. All users may choose when to enable the new interface and can revert back as desired. However, we do encourage all users to upgrade sooner rather than later.
Only the interface for creating and editing your website pages is changing. The view of your site for visitors is not changing. The new interface will be different and yet familiar. To help you with the transition, we’re creating all new help articles and will have a series of videos you may view at your leisure.
How to Upgrade
After the release of this new feature, you’ll find a rather large, orange button offering you a chance to try the upgrade, You can’t miss it. Just click the button and you’re on your way.
Here’s how the new interface will appear to you:
If you’re ready to take the new interface for a spin, you’ll want to check out our new help articles and videos listed below. If you do decide to revert back to the old interface, jump to the next section of this article.
- User Sites: Edit Your Site
- User Sites: Manage Your Site
- User Sites: Create New Sections and Pages
- User Sites: Manage Your Site Map
- User Sites: Locker, News & Events
- User Sites: User Site Center Tools
- User Sites: Accessibility
- User Sites: Managing Minisites
How to Revert Back to the Old Interface
- Click on the Manage Site button at the top right of the page.
- Click on the Tools tab near the top right of the next page.
- Finally, click the Revert button as pictured below
Note: If you do revert back to the SLS1 interface, you will lose any changes made in the SLS2 interface.