Step 1: Linking your School Loop and Google Classroom Accounts
Your school administrator will work with School Loop support to make sure the right configuration is in place before you can follow the steps below.
1. From your School Loop portal, click on the Settings button on the top right.
2. Under Google Classroom, click on the Go button.
3. Click on the Google Connect link.
4. From the Google accounts page, select the teacher account that your school has configured for you. If you don't have this information, contact your school Google Classroom administrator.
5. If prompted, enter your password for that account.
6. On the next page, you have to authorize School Loop to access your Google Classroom information. This process includes authorization to access your classes, rosters and student grades for integration purposes. Click on the Allow button to confirm.
7. Once the authorization step is completed, you will be back on School Loop and ready to start the classroom linking process.
1. Link your School Loop classes to your Google Classrooms
For each of your School Loop classes (on the left) you may use the drop-down menu on the right to:
- Not Linked (Do not link to any Google Classroom)
- Create Google Course
- Link to an existing Google Classroom previously created
2. Select Syncing Options
Auto Import Assignments to School Loop from Google Classroom:
- School Loop will import assignments created in Google Classroom where the due date is on or after the date when you established linking.
- Assignments with no due date will not be imported
- You must select the default category for all imported assignments
Populate Google Classroom with your School Loop rosters:
- School Loop will invite students to your linked Google Classrooms
- Students dropped in School Loop will not be dropped in Google Classroom
3. Go to Google Classroom and "Accept" any classes you created in Step 1
After the Google Classroom linking has been completed, you will see a new option under the Publish to section: Linked Google Courses. This setting is selected by default, but it can be changed if you want to publish an assignment on School Loop only, otherwise, any new assignment created on School Loop will be automatically added on the linked Google Classroom.
1. Publish your assignment as you would normally in School Loop
Note. Only published assignments will be added to Google Classroom, drafts can be saved on your School Loop classroom as usual.
2. Well, there really is no step 2. Your assignment is now published in Google Classroom.
It should look similar to this example:
For any question regarding Google Classroom management, please visit the following Google Classroom pages: