With School Loop's app for the iPad, students can view all their current assignments and turn in work using files stored in their School Loop Locker. Files created using other apps can be saved in the student's School Loop locker. The app is designed to work in an environment where iPads are shared, but can be configured for use by individuals who own an iPad.
Download the App
When you first launch the app, you must select your school. Start by tapping where you see "Choose Your School". Now find your district and then your school. Once you've selected your school, the app will remember your choice.
Use your School Loop login name and password to log into the app.
Use the hamburger icon (3 flat bars located at the upper left corner of the screen) to open the slide out menu. Options include:
- Assignments (default view): View assignment details, including attachments and embedded videos, and submit work from My Locker.
- Dropbox: A list of previously submitted work with date and timestamp.
- Lockers: Use iPad apps to view items in course or personal lockers and save work from iPad to My Locker.
- Web Site: Links to the login page for the full School Loop website portal using a web browser.
- Logout: Always logout when using shared iPads.
- Password Lock: Tap your name at the bottom of the slide out navigation menu to access this setting. Enabling this feature requires the user to enter their password after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Turn Work In
The default view for students is a list of their current assignments. Tapping any assignment brings up the assignment details and options for turning in work. Students may choose to submit work from their personal locker or from the camera roll (photos saved on the iPad). Once a file or image is selected, the Turn Work In button becomes active. All submitted work is listed in the Dropbox section of the app. Students may repeat this process to resubmit work. When resubmitting work, the previous submission is overwritten.
All lockers available to a student are displayed in this view. Navigate locker contents by tapping on folders or the breadcrumb links near the top of the screen. Tapping an individual file will highlight the View and Open in Application buttons. Both options require an app that supports the type of file selected. The iPad app does not support file management.